Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Reflections

I felt in my depths, in the places only He could know, there was nothing left to live for. Today, I hold onto something worth dying for. I was never abandoned by you despite leaving everything behind in fear of living a failed life. What lay ahead would find me knowing the author and finisher of faith. His work in the life of the little ones...words stop here. There are none to offer the humble and infinite Father that capture the reflections of my thanks. For whatever He saw within me still escapes me. The one who needs much forgiveness, loves much in return.

The fire within my soul today stirs me to a gratitude beyond any measure. Infinite will be my reverent worship. You alone, so worthy.

He saved me from so many things: myself, my flesh, my unfounded pride, and an eternity without faith hope or His love. Here I am, send me, my Lord.

The promise of His grace in my life founded a faith now building upon what the church speaks not: Holiness and obedience and repentance. Faith in action will consume the hearer to doing. His work within me reminds me to be clay. Make me the vessel you will. Your hands discipline me so, for you love me so.

To know today that I was known by The Father for this time and place upon earth compels me to tears, fear and trembling. He is power, All powerful, yet kind and patient for those willed to and for His grand design. The more I seek God thru an intimate real relationship with His Son Jesus, the more I know I will never understand completely someone so Loving and awesome.

I cry a lot more in my life nowadays. They are drops of gratitude and thanks. The salt on my cheeks reflects how purposed and completely purposed I feel to be a light. I am unworthy in the tattered rags of my works. He is faithful.

The days of sifting are here. To whom do we belong?

I grew up in fear of everyone called father in my life, spirit and flesh. One believed I would never be good enough without religion. The other gave me faith. It was and is and shall forever remain the great gift I never knew that was. Faith is a gift to the lowly. Hope is the promise of tomorrow. Love? love just is, and in these I shall remain.

Thank you Father for Your Son. Thank you for the faithful who listened to you when I knew not your voice. Thank you for the pain and struggle that lowered me to a place where I could receive you. You have given me life, a life worth living. A love worthy of death, and a faith in the only real love I know I can't earn, deserve or ever walk away from. I owe you all of me, all the time. Thank you Abba Father. In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment