Monday, May 30, 2016

The author of our faith.

I often think about what it 's I really believe, only to realize it is who I believe in that matters. The One who began our story sees it to completition, gracefully written and beautifully so in the days and seasons of our lives. There are so many things I wish I could take back, because they take me back to those times I failed without reason. And again, I become drawn like a fish in a net to Romans 8:28 over and over again. That scripture is my favorite. It guides me to His perfect will, and reminds me this life is not, and never was really mine. We are God's work, will, and declaration to this world. This fact makes me feel small, humble, and powerful beyond compare.

In Christ Jesus, our transformation begins in our minds and hearts in sync, the orchestrated purpose beginning when we know that what we have heard is not just right; it is true. Accountability begins in these moments of realization. We ask not again the reason for living, but our individual purpose in life. Vessels we are, formerly clay, molded in His will by the very hands that shape our faith and guide our heart. Today, protecting our minds against the lies and deception in and of this world is all the more imperative. The ruler of the air of this world is after what we think, feel, hear and see. Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus.

Our thoughts become the engine to our seeds of motivation. Where you are going and how you are growing depends often upon what we think, how we feel and what we believe. Yet again, I am inclined to abandon what I believe and hand this notion over to Who I believe in. I meditate on the book of Acts many times. The fire and power displayed in faith by the faithful in Christ Jesus long before a bible was written or a church was built. These warriors changed the world, and it was and still is Christ Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit that totally rocked the Roman ruled era to its desolation. As the temple in Jerusalem was being left destroyed, a new creation was being built forever. It was and is the temple within ourselves, and that being the very presence and perfection of God within us. His residence now our only home. His glory becoming a light to this world, salt to the world, and over all, love, real love, to those lost among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment